First Class Fishing Charters & Adventures - Victoria, BC
PLANNING YOUR ADVENTURE
Here's a few tips to help plan your day(s) once you've decided on your Fishing Charter or Sight Seeing Adventure. You might have a few more items I forget to mention, but this will give you a pretty good idea as to what you'll need to bring along.
- Getting here's pretty easy, take BC Ferries or Fly. There are a number of daily flights through various Airlines into Victoria. If your not sure, we'd be happy to help.
- Marine Life in our region has some of the most spectacular mammals around. Orca Whales, Humpback Whales, Sea Lions, Seals, Pacific White Sided Dolphins, Dall's & Harbour Porpoise to name a few.
- If your fishing our waters, a Salt Water Fishing Licence with a Salmon Tag is necessary. If you click on License it will take you to the Fisheries and Oceans website where you can get yours. Print it and make sure you carry it with you when fishing and transporting your catch home.
- Sea Sickness pills, Gravol, (non drowsy) or the patch (sold behind the counter at most pharmacy outlets) Believe me when I say this, It's no fun feeling Sea Sick or Chumming the waters, we use other types of bait for Fishing. Also, Read the instructions before taking any.
- When we fish, we usually depart the dock at first light, that means you may want to dress in layers so bring warm clothes to wear, even during the Summer Season no one likes to be cold and uncomfortable when fishing.
- Sports Bag for your Rain Gear, Sweater, Hat, extra socks incase the weather changes. It's better to be over prepared than under prepared.
- Wearing comfortable shoes with traction helps anchor you in when bringing in your trophy size Salmon or Halibut.
- Polarized Sun Glasses helps to cut down water glare and enable you to see better. If you own a pair of Binoculars, bring them along, you never know when some of nature's wonders will pop up for a visit.
- Sunscreen, as the morning turns to afternoon, it's nice to be able to protect your skin from the Suns elements.
- Bring your Camera for videos and Still shots. Guests (guys) hate going home telling fish stories of the big ones without back up.
- We can supply a boxed lunch and something to drink for a small fee. If you have any food allergies, send us a quick email to let us know. Any other snacks or drinks are left up to you.
- We supply fish bags, but you should bring a good size cooler (just in case) to transport your catch home.
- If I've forgotten anything, please let me know.
First Class Fishing Charters & Adventures